
Hello everyone!!! Hopefully you have had a wonderful week. For mer personally, it has been a very good week. This week I thought I would give you my 13 favorite actors and actresses (definitely not in ANY particular order):
1. Sean Penn -- I think he is one of the most versatile, under-rated actors out there. Sure, we remember him from Fast Time at Ridgemont High as Spiccolli, but one of his best roles ever was in Dead Man Walking. Finally he received some recognition.
2. Jeannie Tripplehorn -- You are probably thinking "WHO?" Well, for those of you who have seen "The Firm", she was the wife of Tom Cruise...phenominal actress
3. Denzel Washington -- There isnt a movie he has ever made that I havent liked. From "Training Day" to "John Q" to "Out of Time"....such an awesome actor!
4. J.T. Walsh -- Again, you are probably thinking "WHO?" A character actor, his best role I feel was in one of my favorite movies "A Few Good Men". He was Lt Markinson, Col Jessep's right hand man. Its ashame he received his accolades after he died.
5. Alan Alda -- I first loved him in M*A*S*H, but came to enjoy seeing him in movies such as "Murder at 1600" and on TV shows such as ER and The West Wing. Such a talent. Did you know his real name is Alphonso Joseph D'Abruzzo? I bet you didnt
6. James Garner -- For those of you who only know him as Rockford from "Rockford Files", you REALLY have to see him in "The Notebook"...it will bring tears to your eyes. I definitely changed my view of him after seeing that movie.
7. Sandra Bullock -- From "28 Days" to "The Net" to "Miss Congeniality", she can be a very serious actress, very smart, and very KaPOW! HOT! :) OK, so I think she is pretty! SHOOT ME! LOL
8. Philip Seymour Hoffman -- From films such as "Twister" where he was a hell-raising rebel without a cause, to very serious roles such as "Capote", he has been pretty much unrecognized. However,I find his work truly amazing.
9. Lorraine Bracco - I first saw her as the wife of Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) in "Goodfellas". But, I really love her character as Dr Jennifer Melfi in "The Sopranos". She brings sexy back to life!
10. Chris Noth -- Made famous by his character on "Law & Order", he has made repeat appearances on the spin-offs, and L&O movies, as well as starring as Mr. Big in "Sex & The City". Awesome actor
11. Richard Belzer - Another L&O Alum...I found this very interesting about him (from IMDB): He is the only actor to play the same character, Detective John Munch, in eight different series: "Homicide: Life on the Street" (1993), "Law & Order" (1990), "The X Files" (1993), "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999), "The Beat" (2000), "Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005), "Arrested Development" (2003) and "Sesame Street" (1969). He appeared on the latter as a Muppet version of the character in a sketch called "Law & Order: Special Letters Unit".
12. Andre Braugher -- Another "Homicide" alum, I liked his character not only in Homicide, but also in the movie "City of Angels". I really liked his gritty (dont mess with me) character in the FX series "Thief" -- I REALLY hope they bring that back!
13. Maura Tierney -- I love her character "Abby Charmichael" on ER. I was really hoping this would propel her movie career, but unfortunatley another great, yet under-rated, actress. Such a shame! There are so many roles she could have played, and probably done a better job
Well, there ya have it - 13 of some actor/actresses I feel deserve much more than they have gotten to this point. I hope you all have a wonderful week. But before I go, I gotta give prop's to my boy Bill for his first TT13 -- WAY TO GO Bill!! :) Check our his page here -- its his first TT13
J-Dawg
The purpose of this is to get to know everyone who articipates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
4 comments:
Great list. I love seeing some of the "underrated" actors get some recognition.
I would love to see a clip of Belzer as a puppet on Sesame Street! Classic!
My TT is up!
I like some of those too! My eldest son still has a crush on Sandra Bullock, I kept telling him she's married now........
Happy TT!
Great list. :) I did, in fact, know Alan Alda's real name, since he's one of my favourite actors, and since M*A*S*H is my all-time favourite TV show. :)
Happy TT. :)
Interesting list sir. For my money I would put Kevin Spacey at the top of such a list. Also thanks for the link. I'll do my best to keep TT13ing.
Post a Comment