
Hello and welcome to (a very late) Thursday Thirteen. In the last week, I have seen one of my top movies A Few Good Men on TV...so I thought I would throw out there 13 of my favorite quotes from that movie...not in ANY order :
1. Col. Jessep : "We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline."
2. Lt Galloway: "You planning on doing any investigating or are you just gonna take the guided tour?"
3. Lt Weinberg: "Commander, Lt. Kaffee's generally considered the best litigator in our office. He's successfully plea bargained 44 cases in nine months."
Lt Kaffee: "One more, and I got a set of steak knives."
4. Lt Spradling: "Yeah, well your client thought it was marijuana."
Lt Kaffee: "My client's a moron, that's not against the law."
5. Lt Weinberg: "I strenuously object? Is that how it works? Objection. Overruled. No, no, no, no, I strenuously object. Oh, well if you strenuously object, let me take a moment to reconsider."
6. Col Jessep: "You have to ask me nicely. You see, Danny, I can deal with the bullets and the bombs and the blood. I can deal with the heat and the stress and the fear. I don't want money and I don't want medals. What I want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform, and with your Harvard mouth, extend me some fuckin' courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely."
7. Col Jessep: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."
8. Lt Kaffee: "You really gotta hand it to those Federal Marshals, boy. (he almost has to laugh) It's not like he hanged himself by his shoelaces or slashed his wrists with a concealed butter knife. This guy got, into full dress uniform, stood in the middle of that room, drew a nickle plated pistol from his holster, and fired a bullet into his mouth. Anyway, since we seem to be out of witnesses, I thought I'd drink a little. "
9. Lt Weinberg: "Remember to wear your whites, it's hot down there."
Lt Kaffee: "I don't like the whites."
Lt Weinberg: “Nobody likes the whites, but we're going to Cuba in August. You got Dramamine?“
Lt Kaffee: “Dramamine keeps you cool? “
Lt Weinberg: “Dramamine keeps you from throwing up, you get sick when you fly.”
Lt Kaffee: “I get sick when I fly because I'm afraid of crashing into a large mountain, I don't think Dramamine'll help”
Lt Weinberg: “I've got some oregano, I hear that works pretty good.”
Lt Kaffee: “Yeah, right. “
10. Lt Kaffee: “I'll ask for the forth time. You ordered—“
Col Jessep: “You want answers?”
Lt Kaffee: “ I think I'm entitled to them.”
Col Jessep: “You want answers?!”
Lt Kaffee: “I want the truth.”
Col Jessep: “You can't handle the truth!”
11. Col Jessep: “I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.”
12. Pvt Downey: “Yes sir. That day, sir. Friday. The Pick-up Private--sir, that's what we call the fella who drops us at our posts and picks us up... also, 'cause he can get girls in New York City -- the Pick-up Private got a flat...”
13. Lt Weinberg: “Look at this. Last night he was swimming in his Jack Daniels, now he can leap tall buildings in a single bound.”
YEAH, its late! But I didnt want another week to go by without a TT13! Have a great weekend, and if you have never seen this movie, I HIGHLY recommend it.
J
No comments:
Post a Comment