Monday, October 02, 2006

Another free-write

The winds of change are blowing
Like the crisp Autumn winds
Blowing down the hallowed halls
Of my soul

My heart is a fragile place
One that doesn't like being played with
Trying so hard to do the right thing
But not sure that I am

Like strings on a puppet
Or a guitar
The only song being produced
Is the same song and dance

Like the monkey that dances
On the hot plate at the circus
Why doesnt he just jump off
Why don't I see things for how they really are

Its the same issue
Learned behavior
Wear your heart where everyone can see it
Tapdance on it like a freshly waxed floor

Its hard to learn from your mistakes
When those "mistakes" are who you are
I care about my friends
And sometimes get taken advantage of

I wonder where this road will lead
Hopefully into the arms of an angel
She didnt say yes and she didnt say no
Only time will tell

Those winds of change can sometimes be confusing
As I go through life with my rose-colored lenses
Not knowing around which corner
Will the next hit to my psychie be hiding

No comments: