Thursday, October 05, 2006

Something I read today

Just rummaging around the net, sometimes you find things that make you say HMmmmmmmm (thank you Arsenio Hall). Well, that thought provoking "thing" that I read today really had nothing to do with me, but when I read it, really hit home:

It's better to be hated for who you are
Than loved for who you aren't.

I have no idea who wrote it, and the site I saw it on, didnt reference the writer at all, so if someone DOES know the author, I will amend this to show who wrote it :)

It just really struck me as I read this -- more along the lines of "don't be fake" more than anything. It goes right with everything I hate - fake people. I cant stand people who are fake. It drives me nuts. Intelligent person who plays stupid to get the answer to something - drives me nuts! If you want something, just ask! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Maybe that is why the statement above really just hit home today. Girl at work - very intelligent gal - playing stupid to get me to do something for her. I know damn well she knows how to do it, but just either refuses to, and/or doesnt want to. Either way, I am glad to help, but just ask!!!

OK, now that I am off my little soapbox, life is going along OK - dealing with the day-by-day of being single again. Not really sure how else to sum up everything except - OK for now :) Work is/was keeping me busy -- cut down the OT, so I am pinching really hard on my pennies. Usually we are in our busy season for moving freight, but this year, we just arent moving as much as in years past -- so OT is being slashed everywhere! I hope it picks back up again soon. I need mucho OT dontchaknow!

I have the kids this weekend. I am soooo looking forward to seeing them :) Seems like forever since I have seen them!

That's about it :) Hope all is well wherever it is that you call home! Be safe

J

No comments: