Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday night.......

Its a Saturday night, and I'm feeling alright! There are so many things, now that I am writing again, that I want to talk about, but none of them as much as music. One thing many people dont know about me, is that one of my favorite music types is actually bluegrass. (No, I didnt fall and hit my head)....Ricky Skaggs, Ralph Stanley, Alison Krause, Bill Monroe....some of my favorites, but I grew up listening to bluegrass music with my Dad. My Dad was a huge into bluegrass, so as kids, we would take trips to Tennessee, and about an hour into the trip, we would get a bluegrass station on the radio, and it seemed like we would keep that station for HOURS!!! There's just something spiritual about bluegrass music. If you ever want to listen to some, let me know

Then there is my all-time favorite artist -- Joe Satriani ... this man is an ABSOLUTE GENIUS!!! There is nobody I would rather listen to than Joe --- there is just something about his music that I love --- it puts me into a mood, takes my mind away from whatever I am thinking of, etc.....there is just nothing like it!

Dont get me wrong, I like other groups (Metallica, Stryper, Dokken), but nothing will ever compare to Joe....he is an absolute musical god! There is no better master of the guitar than Joe. He has taught the likes of Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, and Gary Hoey.

OK, off of music for a little while - time to talk some sports.....this weekend, the New Orleans Saints are visiting right here in Green Bay to play the Packers......and I PASSED ON TICKETS!!!! I gave up tickets to watch my Saints play so I could get some more overtime at work. I know, I am a fool...but it's not like I was going to have a good time anyway. I would have been spending money I dont have on something I could listen to at work, and MAKE money.....it was a pretty simple choice really. As much as I love the Saints, nothing comes in front of providing for my family. And there will be other Packer games down the road.

I am down 30 pounds since the first of the year....although this past week I put on 1½ back on (I ate like crap and didnt exercise)...but this week I hope I am doing well....at least I think I am -- although I havent worked out yet this week - maybe today....depends on how I feel after work.

Today is Nate's birthday (friend of mine from work) (HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE!) but I didnt go to his party. As much as I would like to have, I know I would have indulged in the beverage, and that wouldnt have been pretty -- either on the item listed above, or for the fact I lived 20+ miles from the party! Plus, I got time to spend with the chitlin, so that is always fun...Michelle and I had some quality time together too....very cool indeed!

OK as much as I would love to write more, I think I am just gonna go to bed...goodnight all :)

No comments: