Hello! Welcome to another edition of my Thursday 13 -- I have NO idea where my summer has gone. I have been so busy, I remember to do my Thursday 13 -- ON SUNDAY!!! So without further ado, I present to you 13 of my favorite quips/quotes/passages that I have found recently. Each of these has been a direct result of an inspiration: - "Life isn’t about the number of breaths you take; it’s the moments that take your breath away." ~From the movie Hitch
- “The truest thing I know about relationships is that sometimes we don’t know anything at all. You can’t always get the one you want, and sometimes the one you get may not be the right one at all. But if you have hope, the universe has a funny way of showing exactly what you need. The challenge is to let yourself be alone til the right one shows up. But you can’t hide either. Heartbreak sucks. But not having heartbreak sucks more. The answers aren’t in a lecture or a book. But maybe if you get yourself happy, you’ll find the right one. I believe this, because I’m still an optimist. That’s the thing about love. If it were easy, everyone would have it.” ~From the show Men In Trees
- "Life is a pure flame, and we live by an invisible sun within us." ~Sir Thomas Browne
- "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."-Henry David Thoreau
- "I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me. I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be; I'd like to mean as much to you each minute of the day, as you have meant to me along the way." - Edgar A. Guest
- "A friend is someone who reaches for your hand, but touches your heart." ~Kathleen Grove
- “The language of friendship is not words, but meanings.” ~Henry David Thoreau
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” ~Leo Buscaqlia
- “So when you are listening to somebody, completely, attentively, then you are listening not only to the words, but also to the feeling of what is being conveyed, to the whole of it, not the part of it.” ~Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “Care is the ingredient that keeps true friendships alive despite separation, distance, or time.” ~Sara Paddison
- "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. " ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If I had a star for every time you made me smile, I’d have a whole night’s sky in the palm of my hands.” ~Author unknown
- "What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
I know there were a couple repeats in there, but each of these passages has a special meaning for me. I hope these passages find as much meaning for you as they do me :) Have a wonderful week everyone!
J-Dawg
The purpose of this is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
3 comments:
Great list of quotes---I'm very fond of Emerson, Thoreau, and all those merry old transcendentalists, with their Oversouls and their Walden Ponds. Thanks for these...
sadly, I don't use blogger so I can't provide you with a link to ours (damozel and crux at buck naked politics)
I do so love that quote from Men in Trees.
have a nice TT!
Post a Comment