Sunday, May 13, 2007

Thoroughly Disgusted

After listening to ESPN Radio on the way home, I came to hear that my Orioles had blown a 5 run lead in the 9th to lose for the 2nd day in a row to the Boston Red Sox (I know Dawn is just LOVING that one!). How do you play 8 great innings of baseball and forget to show up in the 9th inning. I still dont understand this!

FUNDAMENTALS!!!

That is what is wrong with baseball today! Players have lost the art of fundamentals. They make their millions, and just expect that they will be ok on the field without focusing on their fundamentals. It is sickening to the core. Chris Ray has blown his 3rd save of the season. This included an error on Ray which allowed the winning run to score. FUNDAMENTALS!

I guess there is still a ray of light even with 2 back-2-back losses to Boston...we are still ahead of the Spank-me's, I mean, Yankees! As long as we keep finishing ahead of them, I am a happy camper.

Perlozzo needs to corral this team, and bring them back to the baseball they were playing in the first couple weeks of April...hard nosed, tough, fundamental baseball.

We have 3 at Toronto, an off day, then 3 at Washington. Hopefully we can come out of this with 4 wins (can I hope for 6?) before we start our 7 game homestand against Toronto and Oakland.

J-Dawg

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

i didn't get to watch the game, since i was at WDW, but Daniel checked the play by play while we were waiting in the airport. we were really bummed out reading the way this game had gone -- especially as we were reading the 8th & top of the 9th innings -- but then i happened to glance over & see NESN on a tv in one of the sports bars & almost died when i saw the final score was 6-5. talk about a gift of a win for the Sox in that game.

oh & need some more nicknames for the pinstripers? how about Yuckees, Crankees, Evil Empire, Satan's Minions? =P

J-Dawg's Realm said...

Yeah I was watching your BoSox beat up on the Braves today (they were showing it here on TBS) - it was quite fun! Although Satan's Minion's (I LIKE THAT ONE!) won today, so we are tied with them again, but thankfully NOT in the cellar

J