Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thursday 13 -- 04/05/07

Thursday Thirteen ---   J-Dawg Style Hey everyone! Hopefully everyone is doing well. So this week, I thought I would focus on 13 Things that make me happy. And just so you know, these are in no-way any particular order :)
  1. My kids – They are the light of my life – every day I get to spend with them makes me happy. This weekend is Easter. I cant wait to see how they react to their Easter baskets.
  2. My family -- my family is my centerpoint. They keep me grounded. They bring me up when I am down. They celebrate with me the happy times. I dont know where I would be without mine. I love my sister and my dad and my mom.
  3. Baseball season – IT IS FINALLY Here – I am happy! I am happier when I am actually at a stadium, watching live baseball, but I will be just as happy just to watch it at home.
  4. NASCAR – I love racing – it is WAY more than just driving in circles, and is WAY more than just a redneck sport…although if they start naming the cup or any race after feminine hygiene products, I might have to put my foot down…but to quote the great Larry the Cable Guy "…and here comes the#7 Jack Daniels car being followed very closely by the #50 Coca Cola chaser car" :)
  5. Working on computers - I get a charge out of fixing other people's computer problems :) HEY, why do you think I have my own computer business.
  6. Spring (well, if it will come here and STAY!) I like the nicer weather - I can get out and do things. Although last week we hit the upper 70's and 81 one day. Today it was 34 for a high, and 35, 34, 37, and 35 for the next 4 days highs. OY!
  7. Did I mention my kids? Well, since I have two, I can mention them twice :)
  8. Shows about preparing seafood. Dont know what it is but every time I watch one, I think of my grandma making her crabcakes in the cast iron skillet...I can taste them now
  9. Finding new music. I recently heard of a band names LoNero and they are so awesome! Pure rock, no ego trips - just music. Check them out here.
  10. My Blogger friends....I enjoy taking the time to read what people write (as much as I can with my schedule sometimes)....although I am still not where I want to be in getting to comment on everyone's page...I really am trying though!
  11. My friend Luis was in town on Sunday - we got to go to dinner and just relax for a couple of hours and shoot the breeze. He wanted to buy me dinner for helping him out all the time like I do with whatever it is he needs help with. I tried to tell him its what friends are for. Its nice that after 11+ years, and living over 1000 miles apart that we can get together from time to time and just hang out.
  12. Alone time - I like the fact that if I need to just "be" that I can just "be" without having to justify my actions. If I wanna just be, I can just be....no questions asked :)
  13. Me time - Again, no need to justify time for me -- if I want time to go to dinner with a friends, watch the NCAA tourney at a bar with a friend, whatever .. I can just do it and just have some Me time.

I hope you have enjoyed this little diddy. Have a wonderful week everyone!

J-Dawg


The purpose of this is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

5 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wonderful, positive list. :) I can see how all of those are things that make you happy. :)

Lynn said...

Going over your list, there are a couple of things which is quite universal in making someone really happy. Kids, family, music, friends. Can't do without them. :)

Carmen said...

it's good to remember what makes you happy. But really, Nascar? (kidding)

Blog said...

Nothing like kids to make you happy! :) my monkey totally keeps me laughing -- even when I'm at my worst!

Barbara said...

I love Spring, too. But, after temps in the 80's, we have been down to the 50's again, and a low tonight of 36, and tomorrow night in the 20's! And,it's going to be cold for Easter.

Check out my Thursday Thirteen