Well, today was Opening Day for the 2007 Major League Baseball season. I have high hopes for the Baltimore Orioles this year. I am hoping for at least 86-76 this year (if not better -- better is always good!) Today, they lost 7-4 in Minneapolis to the Twins...so we are starting 0-1. But...the O's are traditionally a 2nd half team...so I dont worry too much in the early weeks - just as long as we dont start 0-21 :)
Tonight, the final game of the NCAA Tournament happened. To collect on my Super Bowl bet win, I got treated to beer and wings....so...just before the game, we made ANOTHER bet...he had OSU, and I had Florida...I bet Florida would win 82-76, and he bet OSU would win 75-68....well Florida won tonight 85-74 (DAMN I was close!)I was 46-17 in the brackets this year, beating out Rick (AKA The Commish)...HOWEVER, to Rick's defense, I was on the phone with him during the last 42 seconds...Rick had "9" as the number on his board, meaning if the final digits for each team (IE 85-74 --- 5+4 = 9)then he would win -- well - HE WON!!! And proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs that he won! I kept telling him OSU 3 plus Florida 2 free-throws and he would win -- and sure enough!! :) It was a great night. Had a great time out with my friend Mark from work...
It was a good night -- I needed a night like tonight - no worries :) Just release....
J
1 comment:
and you lost to a respectable team & possibly the most impressive starting pitcher in MLB -- who still makes me shake my head even when he has a "mediocre" game. my team embarrassed themselves getting smacked around by the *Royals*. =P
Post a Comment