Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter

Photo Courtesy of http://www.throwtheword.com/
First of all, I would like to wish everyone who is a regular reader here, a Happy Easter and a blessed weekend. If not for Him, we would not have redemption or salvation. Each day, thank Him for what we have :)

Tonight while in the midst of trying to clear the thoughts inside my head (anyone seen my helmet? LOL) there was a song that all of the sudden popped into my head. The song is Tonight I Wanna Cry by Keith Urban. The lyrics kinda stuck with me....and I dont know if it were by chance, but then I went to read a blog I read very regularly and there was the song again...almost like fate. I was on the phone talking and then I heard the song playing! So I had to sit down and just freewrite.

In just a couple weeks, April 24th to be exact, it will be 11 years since my grandfather died. I remember the day I found out like it was yesterday. His days of pain and suffering were no more. I am reminded of his funeral and the verses that were read (click here to view the verses) by Pastor Keith. I am reminded of that day, as the sun shined down on us, and the dinner we had afterwards. I am also reminded of one of my favorite verses of the bible Isaiah 53:5 which reads "...But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes we are healed." This was the "battle-cry" if you will, for one of my all time favorie bands, Stryper.

Tonight, my sister called me up and told me she was making our grandmother's famous crabcakes...I can see her making them now...and even though it has been over 6 years since she died (Jan 12th), I can still see her making them in her kitchen, with her cast-iron skillet, and that sweet savory smell of Old-Bay Seasoning. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face today :)

This past week's TT13 was kind of like a prelude to my writing tonight, although when I wrote it, I had no idea I would be writing this tonight. Today is a day to be thankful of those around us. I am thankful for each person in my life. Whether we have met before in person or not, in some way shape or form there is a bond there...of similarity, life experiences, triumphs, and sadness. We share these experiences in the hopes that there are people out there who understand what it is that we deal with on a daily basis. For me, my writings are a release of what I am thinking at that moment, or what is building up inside of me. At first, I thought I could write to be funny or whimsical. But then I found that I could write, to just be me. Then I found out other people would read what I wrote, and let me know what they thought of my writings. It inspired me to continue to do this. So in me, is inspiration from you. And this medium, a way to relate and release.

With that, I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!

J-Dawg

2 comments:

sobeit said...

What a wonderful reflection! There are times that I should write more about what I am thinking or feeling, but I don't. I guess that I should put it out there in bloggersville. Maybe it might help someone else!

Oh..and I will never forget my grandmother taking me fishing. You were talking about the song and how it remind you of the past and your family. I think about my grandmother every time I see a car like hers (and wish I had it). She passed away during Christmas holidays...so for a while it was really rough for my family. However, we just take time to talk about it now!!!

I hope you had a joyful Easter and a relaxing week!!

Kelli
http://sobeit89.squarespace.com

Blog said...

I hope you had a nice Easter!!