Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Awareness of Emotions

Sometimes, people enter into your lives, and you arent sure (at that moment) why in particular THIS person is in your life, or why at THIS point of my life...I have friends that have come into my life, and there are a couple that over the years, I have become even very good friends with. One, I can tell we have each even confided in each other over time certain details of our lives that very few, if any one, else knows. A friend of mine told me about a blog that she followed, and that she asked me to read it. I dont ever remember going to someone's blog, and be overcome with emotion like I was, when I went to Sara's blog and read hers. Unfortunately, when I began to read her blog, it was the day that her family had taken her home to live the final days of her life, and I began to cry. Here was someone who was letting the world in, not only to her illness (read the ABOUT ME section about her disease), but then into her final days. (There was another note up tonight saying she was at her home resting peacefully). It really made me think. It made me think that all the bullshit I complain or bitch about, and even some of the stuff that I boast about, my life is really nothing compared to this person, who is dying way too young, and dying from a debilitating disease. Who am I to sit here and complain about stuff, when there are people in this world who are dying from a disease we have no cure for. This goes for Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Duchenne's Disease, and so much more. I have also realized that my outlet to deal with everything going on with my life, I have been ignoring like a red-headed step-child (not that there is anything wrong if you have a red-headed step-child -- its just a figure of speech!) :) LOL I will attempt to do more with this side of my life, as time allows.

Thanks for stopping by to read my life in words.... its time for Sleepy-ville.

J-Dawg

2 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Sara has really touched my heart over the last couple of years, and watching/reading as she is in her final time on earth has been heartbreaking and inspiring...and just so emotional.

In the midst of that, we got calls last weekend with some bad health news for some people in my husband's family. I feel like I've cried a river of tears. And I think about things in my life that seemed so huge just last week, that now look totally inconsequential.

I'm glad to see you inspired to share more here.

J-Dawg's Realm said...

Thanks Tracie :) I appreciate you kind words, in light of all that is going on with you and your husband's family. I hope this work out for the best with them. I know what you mean to cry a river. I SWEAR somedays I have done the same. Just seems like everything is OK, then all the sudden, all the emotions of everything you are dealing with hits ya all at once. I do know I need to figure out why my "LINKS" arent showing up below my name, to share to Twitter, Facebook, etc. Not sure why its not working :( OH well maybe i will figure it out somedday LOL