There are days where I wonder where I would be without my family. They support me no matter what is going on. They call me all the time to make sure I am OK. They call to find out where I am going and when I will be home next. They constantly keep tabs on me.
Why is it that I cant have just SOMETHING - JUST ONE THING - go my way. WHY is that so hard to understand? Why is that so much to ask?
There is a song by Switchfoot that really exemplifies how I am feeling tonight:
And it all seems so helpless
And I have no plans
I'm a plane in the sunset
With nowhere to land
And I have no plans
I'm a plane in the sunset
With nowhere to land
Like I said the other day in my Facebook status - why do I put all of my eggs in one basket? I guess it is because when I want something bad enough, its the only thing I concentrate on. Maybe when I am 83 I will finally learn. Why everyone I know seems to have life by the horns, living it every day, I sit on the sideline hoping coach will finally let me play. Like Rudy. They say life is what you make of it, how do you make a life when you have no life at all...
J-Dawg
1 comment:
Ok I debated about leaving this comment, but I wish someone had given me a little "tough love" back when I was feeling really down & frustrated & sorry for myself, in regard to my life. So...
You cannot control the circumstances. You cannot control the things that happen around you or to you. You cannot control how others treat you or how they act or what they do or what decisions they make. These are all external variables over which we have no say. But you CAN choose how you react and how you let these things affect you. You can choose that part. Crap happens. It does & it stinks but it is a part of this broken sinful world. But these bad things that happen only have as much power over us as we allow them to have. We are no more to blame for them than we are able to control them, but how we react is our choice & that can be "our fault" if we allow them to drag us down.
Chin up, friend. If you've plowed into a brick wall of someone else's making, then take a moment to gather yourself & make a new plan. You can do it.
Post a Comment