Friday, May 15, 2009

2000 visitors

I never thought I could get 20 people to read what I write, let alone 2000! Sometime since I last posted, I have cleared the 2000 visitor plateau :) I know it is nothing like Dawn over at Thoughts From Along the Broken Road and her 2.8 million visitors LOL (ok, maybe just SLIGHTLY exaggerated) but I am happy to get to 2000.

I am home from another 2 weeks on the road. I was able to get some pretty decent pictures while I was out there...I will post them at the bottom. In this last trip, I went to Atlanta GA, Beech Island SC, Columbus OH, St Louis MO (3 times!), Neelys Landing MO, Indianapolis, Chicago, and the bustling metropolis of Tomah, WI, then home. Tomah is actually a nice little town!

RAIN and WIND were the two major components for this trip. I came out to 2 straight days of rain and wind (torrential downpours in TN and Atlanta) then the wind again from Columbus to St Louis, then the rain, and it rained....and it rained...and finally I ran out of it...then 2 days ago, the wind and rain returned on my drive from Chicago to St Louis...and it was fierce! I somehow missed the tornados in and around Missouri.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I will touch base before I head back out again!

The Arch, St Louis MO:



Driving above the fog near Wytheville, VA:








As I was sitting at a rest area, I came across this unique setup:




This is a field full of yellow flowers:




Chicago skyline (sitting in downtown traffic - YAY!)




Sunrise, then sunset, in Indiana on the same day:






Enjoy
J-Dawg


No comments: