Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Thursday Thirteen -- 06/28/07

Thursday Thirteen --- J-Dawg Style HELLO! And welcome to another edition of the Thursday 13 -- Yeah, another hiatus, but dont fear...I am hoping that will be the last one for a little while.

Alot has happened to me over the last year, and there have been some real struggles. But this week, I am going to focus on 13 things over the past year that have been really positive in my life, and I hope it inspires you to create positives in your life too:
  1. In no particular order, I am thankful for Elisa, Valerie, Rick, Bill, Mary Anne, Dawn, Ed, Kim, Kelli, Tom, and a whole host of other people I know I am forgetting...thank you for getting me through this past year. Whether it was by phone, text, email, or whatever method, it was appreciated.
  2. I have spent more time with my kids recently. I have decided not to work as much as I was working (also helps that the OT hours arent there as they used to be). So this gives me more time with them. The other day, I got to go see my daughter's soccer practice. I am so happy to see her wanting to do sports too!
  3. Little man and I got to spend time chasing each other around the playground that same day (more like me chasing him everywhere). He has no fear of anything - where ever he decides to walk, whether there are stairs there or not, he is safe. He thinks he walks on water :)
  4. Chicago trip - I got to go to Chicago in May for work. Had 5 days in Chicago with a GREAT bunch of people. Great group outing -- Just a blast to start off a new "Me" (see below)
  5. Even though my divorce is finalized, I can move on and still be happy. I cant change what happened. I can only say that I did my best, and nobody can ever say I didnt.
  6. No more crappy feelings of guilt or whatever....I am focusing on the positives in my live which as of today have allowed me to lose 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. :)
  7. I got a HUGE compliment at work today. At work, we have been going through changes in how we dispatch our drivers. I have been one of the folks involved with this change. It is a major change, that has been almost a year in the making. With this change, I asked if I could roll this change out to the people I would be working with in Chicago, which was monumental. While in Chicago, a driver came over and said "Hey, sorry I wont get a chance to work with you (meaning me)" So I asked him why. His miles were down. He wasnt getting home on time. So after almost 45 minutes of talking to him, I convinced him to give me 60 days to work with him...He called me on Friday of last week and said that he had recinded his resignation, thanked me for taking care of him, and was so glad he stopped in that last day to see me. But the story gets better. My manager hears what is going on, he passes it on the to Vice Pres of Customer Service. He sents the story on to the President of CS, as well as the VP of Operations (who deals with all the high-level driver managers and Operating Managers). Today, on the Upper Management Conference Call, my name was mentioned with my story of this driver, to every Operating Center Manager and Team Operations Manager in the entire company, as well at the Senior Corporate Leadership. So there was only one person that wasnt on that call that will hear about it tomorrow, the CEO of Schneider!! HOW IS THAT for a happy thought! Talk aout humbling. I know they put on their pants the same way I do every day, but to have your name mentioned to so many High Level Managers....it just shows that my hard work and dedication to my job are being recognized by so many leaders.
  8. 5732 more songs have been added to my server at home. I am at about 35% complete, bringing the total to almost 11,800 songs from my CDs I have cataloged onto my server.
  9. Yogurt isnt a yucky thing! I have found 3 so far that I actually like! Although, you can keep the whipped chocolate one -- one word -- ICK!
  10. Healthiness is a state of mind. Right now, I am hoping my mind is still somewhere in this state LOL One day at a time
  11. Inspriations come in many forms. They made be little quips about yourself, a quick email from someone, or from a life events. I have been inspired this year to write from all of these experiences.
  12. I have a new drink of choice -- Bacardi Razzzzzzz :) MMMmmmMMMmMMMMMmmmmm delish!
  13. I am happy to be a regular TT13er...maybe next year, I can actually meet a few of you in my travels!

May ALL of you out there, have a wonderful week! Thank you for continuing to stop by here. And please, if you do, leave a little tidbit or comment or something! :)


J-Dawg

7 comments:

Crimson Wife said...

I'm sorry about your divorce, but I hope you'll be able to find your true soulmate out there :-)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Happy TT, j-dawg. And awesome work with the co-worker and upper management. Even beyond the notice you got, you made a difference for someone. That rocks.

Hanging on the soccer field's pretty cool, isn't it? I really like it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Man the way things are going this could be a great year.

Ed
http://edsthread.freehyperspace.com/?p=45#comments

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I think Chicago has magical healing properties. I always get my feet grounded there. Which is a good thing.

Thank you for sharing. I truly love to read honest blogs that are not just about the happy times. I'm going to be back.

DigiscrapMom said...

Here's praying and hoping that you'll get to meet the person who's right for you in time. I'm sorry that it all had to happen but I think you're coming to terms with it noting the good things that already happened to you.

Keep it up :)

Happy Thursday dear!

MommaBoo said...

All the best to you J-dawg. I wish you all the happiness in the world!

Happy TT!

Liked your list!

~**Dawn**~ said...

What an awesome list of positives. Sometimes it helps just to make yourself look at situations in a positive light, instead of cast with a shadow -- though I am the first to admit, the shadow falls far more easily. Strange, since seeing things in a positive manner feels so much better!

Congratulations on that awesome compliment at work!