Monday, February 06, 2006

The Things That Should Not Be

Most of you who know me by now know that Metallica is one of my alltime favorite bands, and yes, the title is a song of theres (from the album Master of Puppets in case you are keeping track at home). I highly suggest you have this in your CD collection.

Life's very strange at times. Days of lost and cofusion...days of total discontent with what you have become...all of those totally erased by a full day spent with your family...it is amazing how just the thought of your family can erase any of the discontent you allow to build up. Sunday, even though it was colder than hell here, I spent the whole day with them...Super Bowl meant nothing to me while they were up...probably another reason I wanna live SOUTH! The warm climates! I want to be able to get out more!

Probably one of the reasons I have gotten to the point I am in my weight struggles is the lack of regular activity. Usually from Dec-March, the only regular activity I get is walking in from the parking lot to work..long walk, but other than that, just too damn cold to do anything else!!

I miss the days of playing raquetball...even though I am sure the managers at Sun Village (the apartment complex we lived in during college were GLAD to see us leave). I dont know how, but structurally, the back glass of the raquetball courts were somehow 10x thicker than normal, and for good reason. I swear there was one time, the glass was SURE to break, and I KNOW the people waiting for us to finish our game thought it was going to break, because I hit it so hard, they were hiding their faces! WHAM!!!

I miss the flag football at the park in ABQ
I miss the golf games with my dad -- no carts - we walked 18 holes
I miss the snorkeling in the Keys...yes, I used to swim when I didnt look like a whale!
I miss bike-riding
I miss Monday Night bowling league (mainly because it was ALSO beer and wing night)

Time to get my ass back into shape -- no more aches and pains of my weight taking its toll on my body. No more not being able to run around the yard with my kids. No more breathlessness trying to do stairs....I have had enough...I did it once, I can do it again.

1 comment:

Will said...

Just keep at it sir, you'll get there.