Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Page 153

Musical choices while writing:
Switchfoot - Let That Be Enough (click here)
and
3 Doors Down - Here Without You (click here)

Back in September I believe it was, I had mentioned that I had graduation college, and been accepted into Phi Theta Kappa (PTK is Honor Society for 2-year colleges). One thing that I neglected to mention was my national recognition for being on The National Dean's List. I had totally forgotten about it until just yesterday when I received a package in the mail...and I didnt recognze the sender. Michelle had called me from working to let me kow that my computer parts were in (funny, I didnt order any, but hey, if people are gonna randomly send me free computer parts, I am OK with that!). So when I got home (came home early from work, wasnt feeling well at all), I opened the package and there it was...The National Dean's List Registry for 2005. I was mentioned for being on the list from 2004-2005, which I thought was a great honor. Right there in black and white

Page 153

I did so much more than anyone ever expected me to. I graduated with honors, and am now nationally recognized for being on the National Dean's List...how cool is that! :)

My wife who reads my writings asked why I never post anything positive about myself. She said this is the perfect thing to write about...and she is so right! I write about all the turmoil and painful things I have been through, or what peaved me that day or whatever. I have written about sports, politics, etc, but never something positive for me.

SO THIS POST IS FOR ME
YAY ME!!!

OK I am back off my soapbox. But it is a great feeling to know that you have done something like that, and being recognized like that. But, none of it would have been possible withouth the support of Michelle. She was there with me through thick and thin, through all my moody finals (yeah can you image me crabby??), through my struggles with Accounting and doing what I needed to do to not only pass the class, but go from a C to an A in 8 weeks, through all my late nights at campus working on projects (downloading music too) and finalizing reports (while downloading music of course), she was there. She carried the workload around the house when working fulltime, schooling fulltime, and DJing every weekend took 95% of my time away from my family. She made it possible, so all of this (PTK, Dean's List, CIS degree) is because of Michelle too :)

Well, a short but sweet one....it is after midnight, and I need to keep getting my rest so I don't get sick again...Off to Sleepy-ville :)

1 comment:

Will said...

*big ole pat on the back*